Some Like It Haute

Lovely Satisfying Maddening Manifestations Of The Miraculous Instruments Of Pleasure Too Powerful To Be Measured Too Keen To Be Endured And Too Exquisite To Be Intended For Employment By Base Unworthy Man.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Self-taught Skills

First of all, a shout out to all the people who now know who I am. Thanks to my not-so-discrete use of my friends names and topics. Yes you :-p I've been quite busy for the past few weeks, and I'm still not done but I decided to keep this blog alive nonetheless.

Disclaimer: If you are in any way offended by the talk of masturbation then please refrain from reading this post.



I wanted to write how B's nephew masturbates but I don't have the time nor the energy to look up children exhibitionists. I'd rather talk about masturbation in general. (Also inspired by another blogger who loves masturbating so much he got turned on when I told him my cat licks himself) – That was an exaggeration but the real version is pretty close.

This post is not supposed to be sexual, it is merely me shedding some light on certain aspects of masturbation that I wasn't aware of. If you have more accurate information on the matter then please enlighten me.

"The word masturbation is believed by many to derive from the Greek word mezea ("penises") and the Latin turbare ("to disturb")." – So apparently, masturbating is disturbing ones penis? Hmm.

1) What does Islam think of masturbation?
"Istimna (استمناء) is the Arabic term for masturbation. Masturbation may only be done in fear of committing adultery, nor is it preferred (either getting married and fasting is suggested as alternatives) It is totally forbidden in the Shi'a sect, but the four Sunni schools of jurisprudence (known as 'mazaheb') have differing stances on the issue. Some consider it forbidden in all cases. Some see it forbidden in certain cases but obligatory in others. Another view is that it is 'makruh' but not expressly forbidden. Scholars of Islam do not approve of masturbation, except in extenuating circumstances."

2) Are there any benefits to masturbating?
"It is held in many mental health circles that masturbation can relieve depression and lead to a higher sense of self-worth + On July 16, 2003, an Australian research team led by Graham Giles of The Cancer Council published a medical study which concluded that frequent masturbation by males may help prevent the development of prostate cancer. The study also indicated that this would be more helpful than ejaculation through sexual intercourse because intercourse can transmit diseases that may increase the risk of cancer instead."

Boys and Girls:
"Compulsive masturbation can be part of a sexual addiction syndrome"

16 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah girl! What the hell brought this up? LOL!

True what you said, lots of guys seem to enjoy Mrs. Thumb & her 4 daughters so much they just can't stop. Depressing, eh?

Good topic though :)

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and to the guy who likes it when the cat licks itself...I know of a good shrink you can see.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Mike Stewart said...

Ah yes masturbation! One of my favorite subjects and favorite activities for over 50 years (really)! Completely normal, completely healthy, completely FUN, one of the joys of life in fact for both sexes! Cheers and good masturbating to you all!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger The Krispy Dixie said...

ahem shay lead to a higher sense of self-worth!!

kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak! :P

bravo for taking on this subject! ;)

I would think that Islam would encourage it since it pretty much discourages all other forms of sexual gratification (outside of marriage)

let's be honest, when you masturbate, who the hell are u hurting...?

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger The Krispy Dixie said...

is the horny old guy googling blogs with the term masturbate in them?? :0

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger adorra said...

Mini R: I was interested in knowing Islam's take on it and yes you're right some guys just won't stop! Oh and about the blogger lol I'll make sure he reads your comment.

Her: Sure.

HOG: hahaha Happy masturbating to you as well!

Krispy: Thank you! You know, I thought so too. I couldn't have said it better myself bas shinsawi that's Islam for you.

and yes I believe he is. :|

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Entrepreneur said...

"Masturbation is making love with someone you love"

- Woody Allen

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger -OT- said...

I think the main reason behind it being Makrooh or 7araam or whatever it may be is simply due to the fact that it's a temptation which we are asked to avoid... But anyway, if its makrooh, then even when someone masturbates, he/she isn't exactly sinning, rather he/she is missing out on an opportunity of forgiveness and blessing... If it's 7aram then I guess ur having the devil as ur cheerleader in every solo session one goes through...

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger adorra said...

B: Why? Don't deny that he's an exhibitionist!

Entre: Well said.

OT: Then the question remains. Would you still masturbate knowing Islam's take on it?

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger f_ said...

Ah, yes, compulsive masturbation.
-sigh-

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger dishevelled said...

I think saying it's 7aram is rather a very extreme point! I mean besides not hurting anyone, and actually might help prevent rape, isn't sex one of the basic human instincts?! Food, security and sex! So if someone was like 40 or 50 and never married, they don't have sex, or masturbate, that goes against human nature. Atleast that's what I think.

I'm also sort of beleive in science. I mean if they found out that it's a stress reliever, it's necessary, decreases the chances of getting prostate cancer..then it's good. Especially since, besides excessive masturbation, there are no harms (atleast none that i heard of)

I honestly believe that religion is her for the purpose of governing people. It also adresses the average jo. Hence, the extreme point of views. If someone honestly beleives they have the ability to really control their actions and having enough (not just sex, all issues), then by all means enjoy. If you know you're an idiot who can't control yourself and in the process harm others, spare everyone. Another point to consider, was masturbation mention in the quran? i mean if it wasn't mentioned, then it might not be 7aram or even makruh for all we know

Okay, madree where I'm going with this, I guess i just gave everything i had on the topic :P

 
At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting Subject ... Not a lot of people talk about it lol..

This is something personal .. you need to do it .. then do it don't look behind you to see if someone is going to condem you if you do it.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger -OT- said...

Adorra: As Dishevelled said, it's a basic human need, and I guess the fact that probably the majority of the world, be it Muslims or not, do masturbate, gives u the answer to ur question on whether Islam's take matters or not... Do u agree??

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger adorra said...

OT: I don't necessarily agree just because of the probability that the majority of the world masturbates but I do think that since it's frowned upon and not completely 7aram then it's fine. :-)

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger -OT- said...

Exactly... I hate it when people make a fuss of something Allah himself let go! Why would someone claim that masturbation is 7aram when the almighty creator himself declined to clearly inform us that's forbidden... I dunno, that's just my take on most of the things that the Islamic Shyoookh claim to be clearly 7araam...

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger C'est la vie!! said...

adorra: I have been reading ur blog for a while now but I cant remember if I have ever posted a comment or not...but great blog...and that guy that likes cat's that lick themselves hehehe...we should hook him up with my younger sister...last night we saw a female cat licking herself...my sis said "Woah, I am so jealous, I wish I could do that." LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home