Some Like It Haute

Lovely Satisfying Maddening Manifestations Of The Miraculous Instruments Of Pleasure Too Powerful To Be Measured Too Keen To Be Endured And Too Exquisite To Be Intended For Employment By Base Unworthy Man.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Last Supper

This post is dedicated to Entrepreneur, sorry it has no real value. I promise I'll write something better within the next few days.

These are parts of a conversation that took place a few days ago at a restaurant. I was with my cousin and her friend. Let's call my cousin B and her friend XX. Oh and yes I know I gossip!

Me: While I was waiting for you in the car, I overheard a girl talking to a guy and he was forcing her to go home or something, so I evesdropped heh.
B: Don't you just hate controlling people?
Me: Yeah.
XX: Yeah. BTW is he her cousin or brother wila shino?
Me: Madri but it was interesting. She was saying "nassoor nassoor" and he was apparently asking her to stop calling him that and to go back home or something because she replied with an "I can call you nassoor shfeeha? Ooh I told you I'll be back when I'm done!"

In 15 minutes:

Me: That's the girl I was telling you about!
XX: Oh that's her? *looks at girl passing by*
B: Who? *turns and looks at girl*
XX: Her! do you see anyone else B?
B: Oh her. Shfeeha?
Me: She's the one I was telling you about.
B: Who?
Me: The girl with Nasser.
B: Who?
Me: The girl I just told you about! Who was talking on the phone with a guy called Nasser!
XX laughs hysterically
B: Oh okay inzain wainha?
Me: Are you serious? TAWHA MARRAT!
B: Oh heh I get it.

In around 20 minutes

XX: Oh I know her!
Me: You do? Shisimha?
B: Who?
XX: The girl.
B: Which girl?
Me: The one I was talking about.
B: Okay shfeha?
XX: I know her!! HEFFT!

In another 20 minutes

XX: I want Lamb Lettuce. Do you know where I can get it?
B: What?
Me: What?
XX: Lamb Lettuce.
Me: Lamb lettuce?
XX: Yeah.
B: Lamb as in Sheeeeeeeeeeeep? (In a high-pitched extended tone)
XX laughing hysterically
Me laughing hysterically
Me: You meant to say Baaa and Sheep at the same time didn't you?
B: Yeah. :I
XX still laughing hysterically

In 10 minutes

Me: You guys, come closer.
XX leans in
B stays where she is
Me: Come closer.
B stays where she is
Me COME CLOSER!
B: Oh okay.
B leans in
Me : You see the girl next to us?
XX: Yeah?
B: Who?
(I show her and then mention something about a cousin of ours)
B: Who?
XX: Yeah kamlay.
B: La la7tha who?
XX: B shfeech? I'm not even related to you and I got what she was talking about!
B: Oh our cousin?
Me staring at B silently
Me: I'm going to blog about this you know.
XX: Can I be named XX?
Me: Yeah okay.

Annoying isn't she? You'd be talking about something regarding someone, then she'd ask who that someone is, after you answer her she'd be like "What about her/him?" Ya3ni I was just talking about it!

Before I end this, I thought I'd show you what happened AFTER the 3omal went on strike.




They took them on a field trip! Lol I actually parked in the middle of the roundabout to take that picture! They look cute don't they?

16 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger DiiGMaa said...

LooooooooooooL !!!

Sounds like what I went thru today with my cousin, she's a B too :P

don't worry B we still love ppl like ya ( being with you just makes things get a little repeatative at times :P)!!!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Jacqui said...

Cute however I got lost somewhere there and then found and then lost and then found :/ It happens to me lately.

Lately I've become an old geezer!

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

gossip gossip gossip

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Your Battlefield said...

i got lost in the conversation never understood what happened to the girl and that guy and what u guys were saying i lost myself....*scared* where'd everyone go....hehee oh well gossiping loses me....as for the strikers they looking adorable in their uniform....i love uniforms ;P ....not myself lately excuse me :P

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger jiji said...

ambeh am a B!! fe kil el6al3at lazim i drift away.. and faj2a telgeny waaaaaa2!!?!!! and everyone goes like: ok jiji wait nkhalis elsalfa ow ba3den "s" tfahmech ;p

even in skool! kila telgeny "sheenooooooo" ow ygolon ley: khalas jiji wait khal nkhalis bro7ich yabelich dahar 3ala ma testo3iben ;p

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger LiLaCs said...

omg..Its like having a convo with myself..Does she always talk like that/ Cause it happens to me before examination I would be really paying attention then suddenly the wall is soo attractive to me...No attention span whatso ever...

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger adorra said...

B: yes you are but I still <3 you.

Digma: Eh ako wayed min no3ha.

Jacqui: You sound like B.

Purgatory: yeah and damn proud of it!

YB + jiji + lilacs: B syndrome anyone?

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Entrepreneur said...

Adorra, thanks for the dedication :) How special I no feel ;)

Interesting flow of conversation you have over dinner... hehehe. This is what our young women are talking about at the table these days huh?

As for the strikers, hehehe that sounds cool, the whole parking on a roundabout situation...

I never heard that they were striking. I know in Dubai there are lots of hiccups with some of the larger construction sites, as workers complain about low wages and the harsh conditions. I dont blame them.

:) Thanks for the post

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger adorra said...

Entre: You're welcome! I believe that all government workers are underpaid.

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So we know women take gossip as a career path. ;)

Nearly everyone is underpaid in this country anyway if you really pay attention to details.

I want a yellow uniform like that...in a yellow submarine..

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Noura said...

LOL @ ur cousin B!! Gotta love the 3omal going on strike hahahahha!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger N said...

LOOL .. my sis is a B .. bs shes much worse.. itha re7na movie.. ikon tawa badey oo a guy appears,, she's like "prinseesa, mino hatha? shsalfita?" .. wala asarekh agolaha TAWA 6ALA3 MAKO QESA! ...
sometimes she's soo lag that i can die o come back 3ala ma testaw3eb ;P

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Dakhtour said...

LoooooooooooooooooooL
I can't stand those people... they're driving me crazy... I guess u have the power to control urself o tet7amelainhom mashalah 3alaich :)
law mokanech chan 6aradt-ha men el car :P no offense but I'm talking in general :)
Really nice post :)

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Entrepreneur said...

New post please!

;) Do I get another dedication?

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger adorra said...

Mini R: Yes we gossip. Everyone wants a yellow suit like that.

OC: Yes she's my cousin and I love her yet she hated me for this post. :(

Prinseesa: B and I do pause our prison break many times so that I can explain to her what happened. To be fair we usually get disturbed which is what leads to the 'pausing' of the show.

Zizo: LOL NO I love her and we normally just laugh it off. It never get's to the point where we just get mad because it's really funny.

Entre: Yes ofcourse you do! But it'll be a picture post lol.

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home