Some Like It Haute

Lovely Satisfying Maddening Manifestations Of The Miraculous Instruments Of Pleasure Too Powerful To Be Measured Too Keen To Be Endured And Too Exquisite To Be Intended For Employment By Base Unworthy Man.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

This Means Biz-ness


I was on my way to dowar il blajat when I turned left. I suddenly hit the brakes and the car came to a halt in -10000 seconds!!

Where the hell is Showbiz??
(For those of you who don't know where/what Showbiz is. It's that really old amusement park that's next to The Scientific Center)

How could they do this? This is Showbiz! Ihdimoh! Basically it's non-existant anymore. All the rides weren't there anymore, and it was just sand and debris everywhere. I parked on the side and just stared at it in shock. I had passed by it in the morning but I wasn't really aware that it was Showbiz for sure. Now it's gone and I feel like crying.
My entire childhood was spent there and I distinctively remember the ride that looked like a worm that went through apples. I just don't understand why they would do it? I always used to see people there wamur wasma3 music. It's just too bad, shbuga min il thikrayat? :(

First, Hungry Bunny. Now, Showbiz! La ooh the best part is that it's not pronounced Showbiz, it's pronounced Showbeeeez. Akh I'm gonna miss that place. Haven't been there since I was like 5 but it was always nice to pass by. I also always assumed I would take my kids there!
Does anyone know why they tore it down? Or who's responsible? I'd like to have a talk with him/her.

In other news, I haven't been posting lately because I've been so busy with this conference I'm organizing at The Palms. I'd invite you all but registration is closed. Heh sorry. I'll try to get back to writing ASAP.

10 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger 3baid said...

I heard they were reconstructing a bigger Showbeeeeez :P I hope they keep those bear characters though, they're classic.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Noura said...

I miss Hungry Bunny too :(

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Your Battlefield said...

its a shame they closed hungry bunny it was the best :P but no worries i do believe they opened themselves a small branch in city centre food court salmiyah.... cause i remember going their ohhh like summer time it just opened there....but its not the same as it once was :P

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger بو سوسو said...

its for the best im surrrrrrrrrrre

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger adorra said...

3baid: Okh sij? Where'd you hear that? SOURCES PLEASE. I hope they keep the worm :(

OC: Who doesn't? :(

VM: That's what I saw! the saddest picture ever taken. I also can't believe you've never been there!!

Your Battlefield: That's not a real hungry bunny. It's Hungry Bunny 'World'. Khud3a khud3a

Aziz: No it's not! Says who? How can you be so mean

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger K.thekuwaiti said...

Those bastards ! Gone are the days of visiting for birthdays when mothers would give you those ghetto tokens and you would ride the boat .. the nights spent after eid pushing coin after coin into a game with the endless dream of finishing!

I spent 5kd there once finishing the G.I. Joe game (I think). And the Pizza was quite good! (Again, I think). If they build a starbucks there I am going to boycott coffee.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger K.thekuwaiti said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger adorra said...

Fedexisms: Heartbreaking isn't it?

WWL: Maki will make you forget everything ILA SHOWBEEEZ!!

K: I KNOW! I'm very frustrated. I don't remember anything but the worm game and I think some sort of music room? It was just too beautiful to comprehend all at once! Yes I will boycott with you!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger teagirl said...

I really want to know why they closed hungry bunny, we used to walk there every Thursday in Jabria. Since thats where we lived.

 
At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

same here... just noticed it was gone last week .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home