Some Like It Haute

Lovely Satisfying Maddening Manifestations Of The Miraculous Instruments Of Pleasure Too Powerful To Be Measured Too Keen To Be Endured And Too Exquisite To Be Intended For Employment By Base Unworthy Man.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Doctor Shmoctor

The other day I needed to fill out some immunization forms for a few schools. I didn't know the procedure exactly and wasn't even sure if I had gotten a measles shot. Seeing as how both my parents were away at the time and I didn't want to annoy them with stupid questions about injections I received when I was a baby; I called my friend B. She told me that everyone took the shot and that I should just go to the clinic with the papers and they'll know what to do.
I went to the clinic and asked to see any Kuwaiti doctor; I took a number and waited in line. A few minutes later, I entered the doctor's office and shoved the papers on his desk.

Me: Could you please fill out this form and sign it below
Dr: Why?
Me: I need it to apply for a school abroad
Dr: Ibtadriseen barra?
Me: Yes. Do you have the information to fill out the forms?
Dr: La, go to the vaccination department, ask them and then come back to me and I'll sign it.
Me: Okay, Thank you

I head over to the vaccination department

Me: Hi, could you please fill out this form
Nurse 1: For your baby?
Me: Uhh.. No? For me
Nurse 1 + 2 laugh
Nurse 3: I'm sorry, how can we fill it out?
Me: I don't know. How do you regularly fill these out?
Nurse 1: Do you have your birth certificate?
Me: No, do I need it?
Nurse 2: Of course the vaccination dates are on it
Me: Okay, thank you

I go back to the doctor's office

Me: Igoloon the information is on my birth certificate
Dr: Ee adri (Then why didn’t you tell me you stupid excuse for a doctor)
Me: Okay don't you have my files on your system or something?
Dr: No, go get your birth certificate and come back
Me: Okay fine. *sniff*
Dr: Hold on… Give me those papers. What I can do is this, ana awaqe3lich iyahum il7een and then you go home and write the dates on them.
Me: I don't know how
Dr: It's easy; you'll find the dates next to each vaccination you received.
Me: Okay sure, thank you!
Dr: Go get it stamped at the reception
Me: Okay, thank you

*A moment of silence*


Okay, what the hell?? Who's to say I don't go back home and forge these dates then send it to the school? Isn't there an oath doctors should take? I mean yes he's nice and he didn't want me to go back and forth but it's a doctor's responsibility to insure the safety of both the patient and the school!





I didn’t know how to fill in the form. I just wrote the first few dates I found and sent it. In the end, it's his ass on the line if anything happens. It serves him right for trusting a civilian.

18 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger -OT- said...

Well well well... Welcome to the Middle East! That's how most of the stuff works in this region! No one really cares about oathes, morals or ethics... Well not no one, but a very large percentage don't give a crap!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Extinct Dodo said...

its not just his ass thats on the line. your health could be at stake too. babes dont mess with medication, its bound to backfire, on him yes, but on you tenfold

allah ya36eech il97a wil3afya, oo mbarak 3alaich ilshahar 7abooba :**

 
At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm
silly Doc..
But I do advise that you check with your folks.. they might have some insight on this..

Miss you already.. wherever you go..
emwafiga inshalah and embarak 3alaich ilshahar ;)

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Everyones had their shots, esp at ur age.

Mafeha ro7 ta3al.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Shwaish said...

ayshay! hehehee 7abeebti allah iy3eenich! aham shay ino he let u fill it in urself!! i hate DOCTORS, HOSPITALS, CLINICS. NURSES, etc not the pharmasicts though

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger N said...

loooool well look at the bright side, at least he made ur life easier ;p

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Dakhtour said...

God!! I used to hate these proc. a lot o allah e3enech that u have to do it! mako fayda ma yet3adelon :)

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger um-miT3ib said...

i hav to do this too w basafer on tues... any idea shasawe??!?

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger adorra said...

OT: I suppose you're right. I just hate the fact that they're endangering lives here.

Dodo: I did take the shots so I'm not that worried about my health. I'm just worried that the school will realize I'm the one that filled out the form :-p

Digma: Happy Ramadhan!

DR: I know but he should have atleast filled it out instead of just signing it and giving it back.

Princess: I hate them all. Including pharmasicts :-p

Prinseesa: Yes he did

Zizo: Eeh mako fayda. Then again, you're a doctor no? :-p Maybe you have some information on why they're so lazy.

Um-mit3ib: If you have the forms, just take them to your local area clinic with your original birth certificate and any doctor can fill it out for you. If you don't have the forms just take your birth certificate and ask them if they can print out a certified statement that you took the shot, along with a photocopy of your BC.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Cixousian Panic said...

:D the same thing happened to me, except the first doctor i went to REFUSED to sign it! he was super religious, didnt look at my face and said that i am wasting his time and threw me out ;P

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger um-miT3ib said...

thanx ;*

 
At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe he doesnt usually do this and he just trusted you because you look so trustworthy! if it happened to me i'd be really flattered, but then again it doesnt take much to boost my ego...

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said...

SHARIYYA!!

Poor guy he was just trying to help you out.

But on second thoughts...you could show it to his supervisor :P

So whats all this school business??

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Dakhtour said...

I'm a pharmacist but i do know that doctors are all here in Kuwait lazy and useless :P

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger adorra said...

Panic: He's a loser :-p

Um mit3ib: You're welcome.

Istas: I have a very big ego but that's just being careless.

wwl: No excuses :-p

Miya: I didn't make a copy ;< Or else I would have blackmailed him with it! I'm transfering abroad.

Zizo: Thank you for acknowledging it :-p

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

what do you mean you cannot fill a simple form! its easy, dates are there. If you cannot do that how do you think you will do in college?

The doctor did you a favor, but it seems you do not appreciate it.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger adorra said...

Purg: It wasn't easy! My birth certificate had scribbles on it, I didn't know which was which! It's not my job! It's his job :-p He didn't do his job.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

he did, he signed, you do the rest, fill numbers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home