Some Like It Haute

Lovely Satisfying Maddening Manifestations Of The Miraculous Instruments Of Pleasure Too Powerful To Be Measured Too Keen To Be Endured And Too Exquisite To Be Intended For Employment By Base Unworthy Man.

Monday, October 09, 2006

7ayyakum Ma3rathna

I went to the PRES exhibition today at Corniche. I had read about it on a blog and it seemed pretty cool. I went with B and it wasn't all that bad actually. This isn't what I'm going to talk about though.

There were very hot fit men, but this also isn't the point of this post.




We went back to her place and started talking about how many new "designers" are emerging in Kuwait. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for young Kuwaiti talent and people encouraging them, but please don't go overboard with it. If you think that by cutting a piece of fabric from a blue shirt and placing a red patch instead makes you a designer; let me tell you my dear friend, you are very very wrong.

Kilmen hab ooh dab sar 3inda ma3rath and we are supposed to be happy and visit each and every one of them with huge fake smiles plastered on our faces? It's getting out of hand. Every day, I get a different invitation to a ma3rath. I go check it out and it's absolutely crap. There are a lot of talented women out there with beautiful taste but they're being overshadowed by all these ditzy girls who think that scribbling on a t-shirt qualifies them to open up their own boutique.

I understand that people have different tastes when it comes to clothes and what I deprecate, others might love but it's not about me not enjoying certain trends. It's about these girls who have no background in designing and have absolutely no passion towards it, suddenly deciding to take up my time and shaming me into visiting their galleries to look at shit. This stupid hype has turned into nation-wide monomania and I feel that it is my patriotic duty to tell these girls that they are only bringing it upon themselves.

Word of the day: Indomitable. I am indomitable.

13 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger N said...

SHOTGUN!

man i'm on a roll here..

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger F said...

i thought ill be the first to leave a comment :P
ma3alaih ma3alaih

o btw hatha ghair ele esawoon ma3arith bebyoot`hom
ya3ni 3edday o kharbe6ay :/

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger J said...

Hahahahah noice! Ye5a I hate it when designers come up with tasteless colors slapped together. They say its art but then I think it should just be dumped on the walls of some friggin art museum huh!

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger -OT- said...

Yeah, a lot of ppl have absolutely no taste and sense of style in our part of the world, yet they think they're the shit lol
By the way, ur very domitable, so don't get ahead of urself :P

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Dakhtour said...

I'm one of those hot fit men but u didn't recognize me :P

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Dr.Lost said...

i like simple clothes.. simple designs.. nuthin too fancy or too weird.. but anyways i say good for whoever wants to follow their dreams so let them be.. :)

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said...

We need to know more info on the hot fit men.

SERIOUSLY!

 
At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

adorra! uff exactly! its not just happening in kuwait believe me... seriously the clothes are so bad i mean who would actually wear them! loved ur word of the day... have one with every post its a great idea :)

 
At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

loool @ zizotime

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger adorra said...

Prinseesa: you suck. :-p

Zalabya: il marra il yaya inshallah. Tell me about it!

Jitterbug: I know!

OT: I am, you shush.

Hitman: Your friend was right.

Zizo: Show me a picture and I'll be the judge of that :-p

Tinkerbell: At corniche!

Dr.Lost: Trust me if it was their dream, I WOULD let them be. It's not! They're only doing it because it's whats "in" at the moment.

Miya: You really missed out. Mamamiyyya hotness!! Fit with tennis rackets and gym bags. OI!

Izzi: Thanks! I think I like it too, I guess I will add it to each post.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger um-miT3ib said...

eee walla ee walla sajja athoona
w kilwa7da itsawe ma3rath you HAVE to go buy something , bs 3shan fashLa !! ;s heff

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elie Saab is opening a fashion design school soon.It will be the best in the region..

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH HAHAHAHA COME ON !!!
You know they're Too Stylish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home