Some Like It Haute

Lovely Satisfying Maddening Manifestations Of The Miraculous Instruments Of Pleasure Too Powerful To Be Measured Too Keen To Be Endured And Too Exquisite To Be Intended For Employment By Base Unworthy Man.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Action! 7awwel Camera 2!

Disclaimer: long picture post below.

A relative of mine called me a week ago asking if I didn't mind volunteering on a TV show answering calls. At first I was quite hesitant but I had nothing better to do so I decided to check it out. A friend of mine was also asked to come so we went together. Basically, what I had to do was work in the control room of the show which I thought would be freaking cool! The show airs on KTV1 from 9:30-10:30 but we were asked to arrive earlier just in case we got lost or needed anything.


When I first walked in, I was full of hope towards the studios at the ministry but to my (not really) surprise it looked like this in the hallway to Studio 800.




After entering the studio's huge blue door, I saw the set. I've never been on a TV set before. It was actually quite exciting! Not that pretty though.




This is what the ceiling looked like. Neat huh?


This is one of the cameras, exactly like I imagined it, I wasn't able to take pictures of all of them because the camera crew were staring at us :-p


Once we got to the control room. IT WAS SO GOD DAMN COOL!! All the TV's with all the different previews. Of course, there were no women except for one. The smell was disgusting, it was a mix of cigarette smoke and cheap cologne. The place had a few scattered men at first but after a while it got more and more croweded, as the pictures will reveal in order. It was also very stuffy, not very comfortable and we were a bit early which made it even worse.

This was my job for the day. I was to answer callers with all of their questions and inquiries. At the same time, I had a list of bank account numbers to provide to people who wanted to make a donation towards the case on TV or in general. I was surprised at how many people actually wanted to donate. I got around 14 calls from Kuwait, 1 from France, a few from Saudi Arabia and 1 from Germany! If that doesn't restore your faith in people, I don't know what will. On the other hand, I got around 3 calls from people who lived in similar circumstances and needed help which broke my heart.

This is where the director was sitting. Through that mic, you would be able to talk to the presenters on TV. I had the urge to say something naughty and watch the presenter squirm on air but the better half of me decided against it.

And last but not least, picture of the day:



All in all, even though it was terrible and smelly and we were either ignored or pervertedly stared at, I think I might go again next week. It felt good helping out and it wasn't all the bad watching what happens on TV unfold in front of my eyes.

9 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

I called but you hung up on me!

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it may have been ugly and smelly but nothng beats the rush of being on TV... didnt u feel something in the air even though u were just answering the phone... it sounds like u had fun:)
and i tagged u again :p

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Extinct Dodo said...

when might we expect to see your "infront of the camera" debut :p

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow .. we have a celebrity amongst our Ranks ... :P

At least Adorra it is a new experience in life, now int he future when ur grand kids ask u if u worked in TV u can say yes to them :P

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Dakhtour said...

So you're famous and on call now.... Men gdech :)!

Shal cheap location! Would u tell them that next time plz!? :)

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger adorra said...

Purg: Oh so that was you? :-p I thought you'd sound different!

Izzi: You would know! :-p you still haven't told me what's up with you being famous. I saw your tag :<

Dodo: Well, It's not really my debut but I don't mind if you call it that. =p BTW it was yesterday but I guess next friday will do.

Fractal: You got that right!

Zizo: 7ayak, you come and tell them yourself :-p They don't acknowledge my presence.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger -OT- said...

Wow, seems like a exciting experience... I'll make sure to watch the show next time :P

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger N said...

oh COOOOOOOOOOL! ambai 7ada abe ashteghel waro7 chithy amakin, was it fun? huh? hehehe telll me what show i wanna call o asolef weyach shwaya (alaheech) ;P

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger um-miT3ib said...

alaaahhhh ur soo coool !!! ana aby aro7 studio waseer kashkha :P and next time, forget ur better part and say something to the presenter:P!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home